Saturday, September 20, 2008

100 Ramblings on the 100th Post

This is post #100. I started my blog back in January. I wondered if I would even get past February. Inspired by a random blogger I happened across one day, I think I'll take the exercise in jotting down 100 random thoughts. It's something different and who knows, you might learn something interesting about me...

  1. My middle name is Ellen
  2. I married at age 22
  3. I have 2 kids
  4. I would like to have another one (or two)
  5. But we aren't going to have any more
  6. Sometimes that bothers me
  7. Sometimes it doesn't
  8. Max's new haircut makes him look like a big boy
  9. Cate is an incredible little girl
  10. I expect a lot from her
  11. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too strict
  12. I had a massage today
  13. I can't wait to have another one
  14. My birthday is October 28
  15. I LOVE my birthday
  16. I almost didn't date Kyle b/c I thought he had a big nose
  17. I was 17 at the time
  18. I really admire his self-confidence
  19. He's an excellent father
  20. He makes me want to be an excellent mother
  21. I really like my walks to/from school with Cate
  22. I love watching golf on TV
  23. I wish I would make more time to play golf
  24. I should use a babysitter more often
  25. I married Kyle because I knew he would be an excellent husband
  26. I didn't want to have any children
  27. I am not currently motivated to get back to my goal weight
  28. I still see myself as I looked over 40 pounds ago
  29. I really want a motorcycle
  30. I don't think I can wait until my mid-life crisis to get one
  31. I hope my dad will sell me his motorcycle someday
  32. It bothers me that Kyle doesn't want me to have a motorcycle
  33. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew with church activities
  34. I kind of want to run another 5K
  35. I actually read two books this year
  36. I do not enjoy reading
  37. I am a horrible housekeeper
  38. I wish I could hire someone to clean my house
  39. It's a rambler
  40. I invite people over just to force myself to clean my house
  41. I wouldn't answer the door if someone just dropped by
  42. I enjoy cooking
  43. I follow the recipes to a tee
  44. I will never make up something on my own
  45. I admire people who can cook like that
  46. My favorite color is green
  47. Sometimes I wear head-to-toe black just to tease Cate
  48. And because I feel skinnier in black
  49. I love my naps
  50. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
  51. I worry whether I will ever be able to retire
  52. Yet I still spend money
  53. And don't save nearly enough
  54. I suck at finances
  55. Which makes me laugh given my six years of business analyst work
  56. I sometimes think about getting my MBA
  57. But I don't think I would get anywhere with it
  58. I would never be a stay at home mom
  59. I think that is the hardest job ever
  60. I have no idea how women do it
  61. I wish Kyle would stay home with the kids
  62. I wonder when my parents will be unable to watch the kids
  63. I worry about my Aunt Lola
  64. I wonder if she'll be here this time next year
  65. I worry that Obama will not win the election for the wrong reasons
  66. I am a fair-weather Vikings fan
  67. I love watching NFL football
  68. I wish I had cable TV
  69. But then I would watch way too much TV
  70. I would like to sell my elliptical machine
  71. I would like to get a gym membership
  72. My dream vacation is a Scandinavian cruise
  73. I have no idea when I'll take that vacation
  74. I was president of my class in 5th grade
  75. I went to state in speech
  76. I sucked at tennis
  77. I would like to take lessons
  78. I stayed in track my freshman year so I wouldn't have to pay my brother for the $100 shoes
  79. I had crushes on lots of boys
  80. I know that Cate will be the same way
  81. I can't wait for my kids to become adults
  82. I love my adult relationship with my parents
  83. I have no idea what I will do if/when my mom dies
  84. I always think: "what would Mom think of this?"
  85. I enjoy scrapbooking
  86. I started Cate's scrapbook when she was born in February, 2003
  87. I'm only as far as October, 2003
  88. I'm going digital for Max
  89. I don't like to cry in public
  90. Sometimes at church, I cry
  91. I still believe in the sacrament of reconciliation
  92. I'm 5' 8-1/4"
  93. My mom was 5' 8-1/4"
  94. I'm not looking forward to shrinking
  95. I love to wear knee length skirts and high heels
  96. I don't wear make-up often
  97. I think I should wear it more often
  98. In grade school I used to put my glasses on the pew during Mass and pray that God would heal my vision and my glasses would disappear
  99. People don't believe me when I tell them I'm an introvert
  100. I really enjoy looking at the visitor count on my blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I think I'll do one if I ever get to a hundred ...

Unknown said...

I wish I had done something like this when I turned 100.

Ramblers are called ranch houses around here.

Can't say I am a big fan of any of the sacraments anymore.

Guys with big noses know how to get it done!

Anonymous said...

Spectacular post! Lots of neat personal tidbits - I never thought about praying for my eyesight to improve.

Jensens6021 said...

hey carlito-

As I was writing this post, I was wondering what mom would think about me disclosing my personal thoughts in such a manner...

I wonder what I will come up with for 101 - 200 for my #200 post. Some things will go to the grave with me. :)

Unknown said...

Why don't you go ahead and ask Mom what she would think--I shared them with her! Can't say I heard her respond with TMI...