Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hunting for Leaves

It was a gorgeous autumn day here in Minnesota and we had the perfect activity to enjoy the sun-drenched, high 60s day. Cate brought home a bag and a note from school instructing us to collect fall leaves for upcoming projects. So we also armed Max with a bag and piled in the car.

We drove over to the Mississippi River Road and hit the high trail along the bank. It didn't take long to fill both bags. I got a few photos along the way. There is no possible way I could capture the incredible beauty of the robust colors, but it sure was fun trying.






An interesting side note from our walk: Kyle is not as confident as I am, but I swear to goodness, we walked opposite Frances McDormand, her husband Joel Coen, and their son Pedro along the path. I felt even more confident after I looked them up on http://www.imdb.com/. It is extremely reasonable given Coen was born in Minneapolis and the Coen brothers are currently filming here in the Cities. I said "hi" as we passed them and Frances smiled and nodded. Whoo! Our almost-brush with fame...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had a recent close brush with fame. We were in Santa Fe and saw a couple walking by. I told Claire I thought that the lady was Ani DiFranco (indie rocker chick - not that I'm into her music). She wasn't sure, but we found out later that week that she was in town for a concert that night.

kathall said...

i need to go to this place. how pretty! it reminds me of a place we used to go to in mankato.

Unknown said...

We're headed out to leaf hunt this weekend. it's been warm here, so the colors are at about 30% or so now and kind browner than the really nice reds and yellows and oranges. I think we'll head a bit north to see what we can find.