Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm a bowling pro

We've had our Wii for a little more than a year. Until recently, I really hadn't gotten into it. But then my division at work got a Wii as an award for winning a sales contest. It's now set up in one of the conference rooms, on a sweet LCD complete with surround-sound speakers.

Last week, our admin decided to set up a bowling competition.

If you know me, you know that I am competitive. It doesn't matter whether I'm actually good or I totally suck; I'm still competitive and can talk some good trash. Well, as soon as I heard there would be a competition, I started sending some talk via email to my first opponent and spending some of my lunch time bowling practice games.

My first opponent didn't have a chance on game day.

Now that I'm going into the second round, I have started to get a little obsessed about winning. I had the high score at work with a 188, but then some guy took it away with a 200-something. It was good motivation for me. I now own the Jensen in-house bowling high-score of 209. I think Kyle is a bit irritated that I am way better than him now. I've been training at home since last week and since I've put up so many consistent games, I am now a Wii bowling pro. Rock on!

I am looking forward to my next round in the tournament at work. It should be a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it with you lefties being so damn good at bowling? I come from a family of bowlers and all I can say is that I'm a terrible disappointment.