Saturday, November 13, 2010

First Snow of the Year

We woke up to find snow on the ground this morning. I had the pleasure of telling the kids to look outside. I opened the shade and both kids said, "whoa! SNOW!" Max said, "I wish I could sleep outside on the snow. That would be AWESOME!"

Cate wasted no time saying, "Let's go play outside!" I don't think I've ever had the cartoons on TV voluntarily turned off as early as they got turned off this morning.

Then chaos ensued. "Mom, where's my snowpants?" "Mom, I can't find my mittens!" "Okay, now I need my boots!"

I wasn't quite prepared for the first snow (surprise!) so while the kids got in their clothes, I scavenged the basement for critical outerwear: mittens--check! too small snowpants--check! boots, boots, boots....aw shucks! Last season's boots were donated already. Oh well. A to-do for later on today, I guess.

So out they went this morning, well before 8:00am. I'll get the water kettle going for the necessary hot cocoa upon their re-entry and flip the TV on to my channel while I enjoy the solitude the first snowfall brings.

No comments: