Saturday, October 2, 2010

The BEST Time of the Year!

We trekked along the Mississippi River to enjoy the absolutely gorgeous fall colors, selecting the best leaves to bring home. It's a day like today when I wish I had a high quality camera (and the talent to go with it) to really capture the beauty we experienced today.

an original project from the FDR-era Works Progress Administration

After our walk, the kids were still wired while Kyle and I were a bit tired, so we decided to drive along the River Road which led us to Boom Island Park. Whenever I'm on Boom Island, many memories--some new, some old--flood my mind. My high school is a short distance from Boom Island, so much time was spent there when I was a teen. It's nice to be able to get back there with my kids and create more memories.

a great view of the Downtown Minneapolis Skyline from Boom Island

No comments: