Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cate's First Day of First Grade

Is summer as we know it already over? It feels like last month I was taking Cate's first day of kindergarten picture in front of the house. Oh well, one can't stop time, I guess.

So here we are, on the other side of summer.And here's Cate's standing very tall and proud to be in first grade. She is no more the newbie of the school. She is already excited to be a mentor to those wide-eyed 5-year-olds that looked scared out of their wits coming just short of crying for their mommas.

She has reunited with many of her friends from last year that will be in her classroom this year as well. Last Thursday, she met her new teacher and is terribly impressed that Mrs. Livermore's first name is....wait for it....Hermione. Yep. Hermione Livermore. This is real life, baby. You couldn't make it up any better than that.

I'm rather forgetful. Those of you who know me won't be surprised to learn that I thought I had registered Cate for her after school program, but I didn't. So now she's on the waiting list. And the district's transportation did not do me any favors by not assigning Cate a bus stop for her one afternoon a week drop-off at Grandma and Papa's house. That onus is on the district. But how could they possibly take note of only one afternoon a week bus stop request among thousands of grade school students.
So, Cate will have an extra special first day of school today. She will be coming back to work with me when I pick her up at the end of the school day. She couldn't be more excited. And so am I.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about her first day of first grade. It should be fun!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Cate, I hope you had a great first day of school. You sure look fabulous!

Char Ollinger Waughtel said...

GOSH I just realized how much I miss all that first day stuff. Now my baby is having babies...LOL