Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Comparisons to Kirstie Alley

Hearken to the days when "Cheers" was not syndicated yet. People who first met me told me I resembled Kirstie Alley. Tall, skinny Kirstie Alley mind you; with no neck, beautiful lips, long, gorgeous hair, the over-the-top hand gestures, the whiny voice, and stomp-stomp-stomping out of scenes because Sam Malone has irritated her to no end. Back then, I didn't mind being called out as resembling Kirstie Alley.

These days I mind.

But like her, and like millions of people, I struggle with my weight. I worked hard to lose almost 50 pounds in 7 months. It's almost all back. Just short of two years later. I just knew when I started Weight Watchers that I could lose all the weight. I was never confident I would embrace the entire lifestyle change necessary to make it stick. Same song and dance as everyone else, so no need to feel sorry for me or give me a pep talk. I get it.

So here I am, back to square 1.2. And not sure if I'm going to do anything about it.

But, just so you know, I'm back to big. In case you see me.

1 comment:

Char Ollinger Waughtel said...

In my skinny days ppl told me I looked like Jody Foster. Well guess what? I'm now near twice her size. I really let go this summer....just didn't care. After all its not like I had to look nice for someone...? But knocking on 200 is too much for me. But now what???? South Beach...Weight Watchers...BOTH?????