Friday, September 3, 2010

Drink This, Not That

Alright...so a year ago, I realized and accepted I was back to being big. It has taken me another year to get worked up about it and have a desire to say good riddance to this big body. Ever again. With that, I am yet again an official card-carrying member of Weight Watchers. When I checked in on Saturday for the first time back at it, the gal noted, "Oh. you are a Lifetime member." I replied, "Yeah, I was a Lifetime member." She corrected me saying, "Once a Lifetime member, always a Lifetime member. Remember that. You'll get back to your goal weight." Judy's such a sweet lady.

I'm not going to get into the reasons why I feel more this time around than back in 2007 that this is the time I will lose the weight and keep it off. I just know my mind is clearer and more engaged with embracing a healthy lifestyle and maintaining better balance in my life.

I love my Caribou. Love, love, LOVE my Caribou. It grew from being a once every couple of weeks to an almost daily visit. I became such a frequent visitor they asked if they should have my drink ready for me to pick it up in the mornings. I politely declined and mentally noted that as a warning sign I was spending too much (money and calories) toward my love affair with Caribou.

Here's my old standard: Medium milk chocolate turtle cooler--640 calories, 35 fat grams, 74 grams carbs, 0 grams fiber. Weight Watchers points: 16
In recent months, I would have one of these daily. For a while, I even had a decadent almond croissant to go with it. I felt like I was "starving" by lunch, which was only 3 hours later.

My new standard: Small dark chocolate lite cooler--140 calories, 4.5 fat grams, 39 grams carbs, 10 grams fiber. Weight Watchers points: 2
Now, I will not restrict myself from ever having the old standard again; that would be disastrous. But I will save it for a real treat, such as my birthday, and savor it. Maybe I'll even put a candle on it and sing happy birthday to me!

No comments: